I have been asked by clients: How to get started with Office 365 API Development ?
They want to integrate office365 capabilities in their existing systems and applications.
In this blog i am providing links on how to get started with authentication, accessing mail, calendar, contacts and providing an amazing *FREE* training course from MS MVA (Microsoft Virtual Academy) site:
1) Office 365 API platform overview:
2) Samples to integrate with Office 365, specially what you mentioned mail, calendar...etc.:
Check out under Web, It has MVC Web samples to integrate calendar, contacts..etc
3) Office 365 app authentication concepts, this will provide different scenarios to authenticate users against o365 (Important):
4) Great FREE training course for office 365 development training:
5) Calendar, Mail and Contact REST API reference:
Hope this helps, and feel free to send any questions over to help.